In no particular order…
1. It’s back to school time! New shoes, new purse, new books, new crayons…
2. The shadows are longer in the mornings
3. The grass is dewier (see #2)
4. The air is scented with dill, Queen Anne’s Lace, pine, cedar and various other odors I cannot identify but thrill to!
5. The cricket’s song harmonizes with the unidentified hum of some other creature, like a love song or ode to the summer months just completed
6. My black sweaters are calling my name…
7. The sumac is red low to the ground, peeping out of the regular greenery, both surprising and delighting me
8. The September issues of Vogue, Bazaar, and Instyle are all an inch and a half thick, stoking my fashionista imagination
9. Burgundy lipstick and darker shades of polish and shadow reappear
10. Even though the calendar claims it is still summer, my heart beats for an Autumn moon dance!