The past few days have brought me an opportunity to peruse many different blogs and posts about resolutions, goals, or what ever you wish to name them,as we enter this New year.
I offer a few of my own here:
- to spend more time writing and creating
- to spend time in prayer–holy silence–each day
- to spend intentional time with our Moms
- to spend intentional time–dates–with my Tom
In writing these thoughts, I see I am using the word “spend” like money going out of style…
To spend, I must be filled.
Let me restate these desires for this new year:
- to spend more time writing and creating, that I may be filled with new life
- to spend time in prayer–holy silence–each day, that I might Listen with love, honesty, joy and thus, love with greater integrity
- to spend intentional time with our Moms, that I may honor their lives of love and goodness and continue to learn from their wisdom
- to spend intentional time–dates–with my Tom, that our marriage may continue to bear the fruit of great love and joy
I continue to wrestle with simplification, but silence, prayer, shared wisdom and love, tapping into the deep part of my soul–all these will grow a presence of integrity, and simplified living.
This peacock has a lot of good ahead in 2015…watch for some new adventures, if you so desire…