Sometimes life just takes time.
Yesterday was one of those time taking days, and so, I am celebrating Wondrous Wednesday on Thursday.
Short and sweet today–I have been creating a couple of Spring/Summer dresses for myself. I am veering off my usual peacock color set and dabbling with a lovely rose print in ecru/tender pink/ and cinnamon. Mood Fabrics the home of this extraordinary soft Italian cotton. It is a dream for stitching, cutting, fitting, and I anticipate, for wearing! The garment is still in process but the photo gives you the general idea. The attractive fit and flare silhouette (the flare from box pleats) would flatter many women.
- I have self-lined the bodice
- the side zipper will be hand-picked
- the skirt is lines in a cream toned china silk–my best guess is about a 12mm weight
- the armscye and neckline will be faced with a small self fabric bias strip (doubled) and topstiched in place
- the hem will be machine rolled
- Vogue pattern #8020 [currently out of print but check website to order]
I have an event on Saturday for which I’d love to wear this dress, but quite honestly, I would much rather take the time to complete it well and with beauty.
It’s all about the process…