It is Saturday–the last Saturday of November.
The final Saturday of the Liturgical year.
A sunny, nippy, 2 days-after-the-Turkey-Feast-Day-Saturday.
I have been occupied with family and feasting so my usual schedule of postings is off.
Because it is Saturday.
A day for some random thoughts, if you don’t mind!
Here we go:
- My apple pie turned out fabulously!! As did the egg strata. Both were a great compliment to D and J’s brined and oiled turkey, glazed carrots, brussels with bacon, homemade whole wheat dinner rolls, and our cinnamon yam coins. BONUS: I managed to lose a pound this week!
- My ruana is off the loom! Ends are tied and waiting for finishing techniques. I’ve only a few odd threads to repair. This was by far my most successful looming adventure! Pictures coming next Wednesday…
- I received my second Stitch Fix package–holiday edition. Just not sure that they get me yet. Do I cut the cord now or hang in until the end of the summer? Stay tuned….
- Advent begins at dusk tonight. I need to hunt out our wreath and candles yet, but I’m sure they are in storage someplace. I love Advent. The dark late winter afternoons melding into starry midnight blue skies brings me deep inside my own ponderings, dreams, hopes…
- A hearty vegetable beef soup is on the stove top and will carry the meals most of the week. We try to eat a bit more simply during this month so as to appreciate the outpouring of festivity once we come into Christmas!
- The only shopping I did on Black Friday was the grocery store. Period. Enough said.
- Kudos to Nordstrom’s in their waiting to decorate for Christmas until the day after Thanksgiving!
I suspect that this is enough randomness for all of you!
Enjoy the day.