Over the summer months, I have been making note of trends in life and fashion. Those odds and ends are what this post is all about:
- The build up to great Fall Fashion is no longer a big deal. It seems as though the majority of retail fashion providers are so caught up in fast fashion and who gets the worm first that one may either buy as the garments fly down the runway (if you have much expendable cash) or monthly/weekly, depending on said retailer’s production chain. The only manufacturers I have witnessed who do NOT drive this bus are the sustainable and Fairtrade varieties.
- That said, I still LOVE receiving the September VOGUE Mag. Nothing beats it! [fyi—for those mature enough to remember the Sears Christmas catalogue? Yes, it is that and so much more!]
- Unlike their clothing counterparts, the cosmetic world, generally speaking, waits for September or October for their launches. Personally, I’d rather they pop in August. A fresh lip or eye shade is a great way of stepping into the new season without overwhelming one’s body with heavy textiles.
- My wait ‘til September to shop campaign was unsuccessful in its most basic form. Yet, I learned things about myself that are valuable. I found that I could pull back and really think through a purchase carefully before putting out any money. Thus, the purchases I made are well integrated into my wardrobe for the long haul. The experience is akin to my discovery of putting Amazon products into a Wishlist.
- I have purused multitudes of blogs this summer, looking for ideas and just taking the temperature of various age groups. Observations: 30/40 year old women think they are aging out of life. [excuse me while I wipe my tears from hysterical laughter off of my 60 year old skin…]. Add the mid 20 and up to this demographic and I can give you 7 reasons why they love numbered lists so very much…
- Okay, so lest I completely drive away this demographic, let me explain the last observation and my hysterical laughter: you are getting older because, well, that’s what we do. We are born. We grow and live and we die. There is no avoiding that last point ladies. Make the best of what you have and stop worrying so much about all the stuff you worry about. Also, aren’t you getting just a wee bit tired of 9 simple looks that will transform you and 5 easy ways to start your day? I bet you already know this stuff. Go with your gut, okay?
- Occasionally, sitting around and practicing being bored is good for one’s soul.
- Hanging out the laundry is highly therapeutic.
- Anyone can rock turquoise eye shadow! I am currently loving the cream variety by Lancome—liquid metallic.
- I am attracted to almost anything cream in cosmetics [refer to the above 60 year old skin…]
Enough odds and ends for now. In a couple of weeks, I hope to be in Autumnal Nirvana.
Enjoy the day!