Okay, perhaps the musings won’t be fascinating, but at least the words are hitting the cyber paper. I’ve been busy and a bit fatigued so I took a sabbath from the blog. The next couple months will also be crazy busy so my writing will be a bit hit or miss for a while.
On to the musings!!
- Mid October??? This month is disappearing like a vanishing ghost. Pumpkins are ready to be painted, but no Indian corn on the front door yet. I foresee another trip to the local orchard…
- People really go over the top with creepy Halloween decorations. I confess that I simply don’t understand this phenomenon. Is it that folks feel the need for one-upmanship on the blood and gore level? Is cash so dispensable that larger than house sized ballooning monsters are par for the course? I suppose, everyone has their poison, but just give me harvest décor and I’m happy.
[my apologies, that last remark was rather snarky, but really….]
- Walking on the local trail, I found myself wanting to be a hobbit, with the ability to be noiseless. Then, crunchy lovely amber leaves cross my path and all I wish to do is kick and crunch my way through them…ah, fall!
- Boots—short black leather with zippers and laces; tall two-toned riders; sleek black suede with heels; sassy tri-colored and textured needing a good breaking in…I love them all!
- Tweed skirts, crisp white shirts; cardigans and pullovers in jewel tones; glen plaid suits with attitude; the ever present black dress, skirt, and trousers…all with layers to keep me warm!
But the best is a moonlit night, the geese singing their farewells, amber fields awaiting the turning, the aroma of burning leaves, brilliant trees that light up the October skies, fresh homemade applesauce, and that first pot of chicken soup.
I love you October.