I am so excited! Welcome to week #1 of #ProjectBashTheStash!
A quick review
- This project developed out of my concern for the environment, healthy spending habits, humane treatment of employees in the fashion industry, a developing love of slow fashion, and a desire to bash my own stash of fabric!
- I will issue a challenge on Fridays. Each challenge will have a general theme
- Utilizing your personal stash of fabric, yarns, beads or whatever, create a concept garment, piece of jewelry, quilt, or whatever is your art form to express both the challenge theme and your point of view as a designer
- You are to post a photo or illustration or both of the concept and materials to Instagram under the #ProjectBashTheStash by the next Thursday evening no later than midnight.
- Please also respond to this post with your info.
- You may create your concept or ideate it. If you are like me, you work a gazillion hours and posting an idea/illustration/photo will be challenge enough 😊
- There is no prize, just the fun and satisfaction of seeing what we can actually create with what we already own.
- You can purchase thread, zippers, buttons, snaps…
- You may use an existing pattern, adapt an existing pattern, or design your own.
Are you ready? Here is your first challenge:
- Use the beauty of the outdoors of this season of autumn [see the images below] as your inspiration to create and design a garment, accessory, piece of jewelry, quilt, or whatever your art is.
- You may utilize the actual images, colors, or natural elements as well as having these serve as a “Jumping off” inspiration point
- Be sure to include a photo or illustration of the “finished” concept as well as a photo of the primary materials
- Briefly describe your particular inspiration and any construction/process/creative pieces that would be of interest