Nothing says New Year like a list! [always a crowd pleaser!)
So here we go:
10 things I love about you January….
· The bitter cold air and minus 20-something wind-chill factors invigorate my entire physical being, reminding me that I was a wise woman to research a great all-body moisturizing routine long before winter made a statement
· The quieting effect of even a small amount of snow, taking me back to the January late afternoons of my childhood. The dove grey skies resting against the snowy landscapes give me a chill of joy.
· Every cashmere sweater I own makes an appearance on a regular basis, along with all my trousers, tights, jackets and boots. If ever I doubt that I own too many, January scatters that doubt to the wind chill.
· List mania meets planner’s nexus—I am feeling especially desirous of organizing all of my fabrics, patterns, yarns and trims and make little sketchbook pages with croquis sketches to guide me month by month thorough 2018 project heaven.
· Back to the weather: while truly enjoying the winter-ness and the clothing that accompanies it, I find myself seeking pertinent info about Spring fashion. I troll Pantone, Vogue Patterns, Style.com and anything else to get a glimpse of what is percolating.
· Chili, chicken soup, Italian wedding soup, ribs and dumplings, vegetable soup and hearty bread…
· Cuddling under blankets
· Sales on bedding, which is of particular interest this year as we have just come into a queen-sized bed
· The extraordinary beauty of the bare tree branches, the full moon, and how they inspire me to want to weave with natural colors
· And #1…it’s a new day, a new start. We can all use that!
What jazzes you about this month?
Do share….Happy January!